Lesson and Cancellation Policy
In order to accommodate as many students as possible, and to attempt to keep the schedule, we implement the following policy. Thank you for your strict compliance:
- Lessons are scheduled weekly in advance, and at a minimum, 24 hours before.
- Lesson tuition fees are due monthly before the 1st of the month. If not paid before the 1st of the month, a $20 late fee will be charged.
- No refunds.
- Please cancel your lesson well in advance of your lesson time. Weekend lessons must be canceled 24 hours in advance, week day lessons must be canceled at least 12 hour in advance, please call your instructor to make arrangements.
- If a scheduled lesson is not canceled and not attended, student will be charged for that lesson and no make up will be scheduled.
- Barn closure dates will be posted on the dry erase board or our calendar of events. It is student's responsibility to check these dates. Although we try, we will not ALWAYS remember to personally inform each student. Remember: you have one or two instructors, we have 30+ students.
- If a student shows up for a lesson and we have canceled for any reason other than weather, and attempt has not been made to reach that student, the student will receive a free lesson in addition to their make up lesson.
- Lessons are sold "by the month", not "per lesson." Lessons canceled by student or Dream Horse Academy may be made up within 30 days of the missed lesson, otherwise they are forfeited. Student must be currently enrolled. Make–ups do not carry over into un–paid months.
- Make–up lessons are scheduled as per availability. Although we will make every attempt, we do not guarantee that everyone's schedule can be accommodated.
- In the event of inclement weather (extreme rain or wind or excessive heat), make sure to call in advance of your lesson to make sure we are still having them. There will be someone in attendance at 214-405-2584 or 469-865-8350, or a recording will inform callers of any cancellations. If there is no cancellation recording, lessons are on. We will attempt to call for lessons canceled due to weather, however it is not always possible.
- If a student does not enroll for a month, his or her space will be filled, and student may be subject to our waiting list and any rate increase that has gone into effect.
- Concerns with the program shall be brought to a Dallas Dream Horse Academy staff member.